50 FREE SKYPE AUTHOR VISITS
WHY: So we never forget
WHO: New York Times bestseller Carole Boston Weatherford, whose books have won a Caldecott Honor, NAACP Image Award, and Coretta Scott King Award and Honors
WHAT: Reading and discussion of the award-winning book Birmingham, 1963
WHERE: K-12 classrooms and teacher education classes on college campuses
WHEN: Fall 2013
HOW: Read the book (lesson ideas).
BOOKINGS: Contact Carole email@example.com
About the book…
“Searing…. Gorgeous…” —Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
“This is a book that should be in every library collection.” —Library Media Connection (starred review)
“An emotional read…intimate and powerful.” —School Library Journal (starred review)
“Quiet yet arresting…” —Booklist
“Haunting…” —CCBC Choices (University of Wisconsin)
“…Compelling and touching…” —Multicultural Review
- Winner of the 2008 Lee Bennett Hopkins Poetry Award
- Winner of the 2008 Jefferson Cup Award from Virginia Library Association
- Jane Addams Children’s Book Award, Books for Older Readers Honor Book
- Selected for inclusion on Kirkus Reviews’ Editor’s Choice 2007 list
- Featured in MOSAIC 2007, an annual multicultural literature exhibit hosted by Lincoln (NE) Public Schools Library Media Services. The exhibit featured the best and most current multicultural titles from 2006-2007.
- Included in the 2008 edition of The Best Children’s Books of the Year, an annotated bibliography from the Children’s Book Committee of Bank Street College of Education in New York City.
- Lion and the Unicorn Award for Excellence in North American Poetry Honor Book
- Best Children’s Books of 2008 —Christian Science Monitor